EWS-2-3-3+ key progammer
Covers following vehicles:
Range Rover (2002+)
BMW E38 – series 7
BMW E39 – series 5
BMW E46 – series 3
BMW X3 (early models)
BMW E53 - X5
Congratulation for your choice! You have one of the best key programming devices for EWS immobilizer based vehicles!
Your device will provide you following possibilities:
· Programming of a new key (or transponder) – supports up to 9 different keys
· Resetting stored odometer value in the EWS module
· Resetting stored odometer value in the keys
· Resetting identification number of the EWS
EWS immobilizer units allow programming up to 10 different keys. 9 of these keys you can program with help of the programming device. Please take care that once key used for starting of the car it can not be anymore programmed to different car. Only key numbered with 9 allows possibility to be programmed to different car. EWS programming device can be switched ON from the red button (ON/OFF button).
Red led will indicate that device working.
For the proper usage your device need to be equipped with a new 9 volts battery (we recommending usage of alkaline batteries). You also need from transponders or keys intended for our device (contact your supplier for these transponders/keys). Please take care that each key or transponder is intended for concrete key position in the EWS unit.
EWS units which can be used with your programming device can be:
· EWS3 or EWS3+
3 USING OF PROGRAMMING DEVICE
For programming of some EWS unit please follow steps bellow:
1. Be sure that no key in ignition knob of the car
2. Remove EWS unit from the car
3. Remove cover of the EWS
4. Clear pins of microprocessor
5. Adjust switches of device depends function which you planning to perform (refer chapter 4)
6. Connect socket of your programming device to the microprocessor of the EWS unit
7. Press ON/OFF button to switch ON programming device -> red LED will be light up
8. Press START button -> if contact between programming device and microprocessor is good yellow LED will becomes light up for 2-3 seconds then will go off and GREEN LED will confirm you that programming procedure is done. If contact between programming device and microprocessor is bad green and yellow led will becomes light up together – in this case please try to adjust device better for better contact or clear pins of microprocessor then repeat step 8 again.
9. Switch off programming device
10. Remove programming device from EWS unit and you can assemble in the car
11. If is programmed key – use key for starting of the car numbered like position selected from
DIP switches of programming device.
4 CONFIGURATION OF PROGRAMMING DEVICE
Depends of the function you need to adjust switches before usage of device.
For programming of keys:
Switch 1 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be programmed key number 0 and key number 9
Switch 2 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be programmed key number 1 and key number 9
Switch 3 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be programmed key number 2 and key number 9
Switch 4 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be programmed key number 3 and key number 9
Switch 5 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be programmed key number 4 and key number 9
Switch 6 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be programmed key number 5 and key number 9
Switch 7 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be programmed key number 6 and key number 9
Switch 8 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be programmed key number 7 and key number 9
For resetting odometer value stored in the EWS and keys:
Switch 1 = ON, Switch 3 = ON, all remaining OFF -> will be reset odometer value so after assembling of EWS unit in the car EWS will program inside and in the keys current odometer value from instrument cluster of the car.
For resetting number of the EWS and keys:
Switch 1 = ON, Switch 2 = ON, all remaining OFF