Audi A6 Q7 key programming device
AUDI A6/Q7 Key learning device
A6/Q7 Key learning device from 2008 to 2014
- The VAG key-learning device is dedicated to program keys for the A6/All-road vehicles till 2011 and the Q7 till 2014.
These cars should be equipped with EDC16/EDC17/MED9/MED17 engine control unit.
The key-learning device is equipped with a key programmer, which allows to Pre-code the blank keys
Audi device can learn key to Q7/A6/ALL ROAD for EDC 16 (diesel up to 2009)
and MED 9 (petrol up to 2010)
NO PC NEEDED / NO FUSE JUMPER NEEDED/ Just plug the device into OBD
Device will deactivate the alarm and learn key / transponder in few seconds.
The VAG key-learning device is dedicated to program keys for the A6 vehicles till 2011 and the Q7 till 2014. These cars should be equipped with EDC16/EDC17/MED9/MED17 engine control unit. The key-learning device is equipped with a key programmer, which allows to pre-code the blank keys.The device , has following modes of operation:
– program 1 to 4 keys to the car.
The device consist of following parts:
- CAN-short adapter
- Key-learning device
2 Key learning procedure
You should specify the number of keys you want to learn using the SW1, SW2, SW3 and SW4
In the table below you can find how the number of keys is specified:
SW1 SW2 SW3 SW4
1 key OFF OFF OFF OFF
2 keys OFF ON OFF OFF
3 keys OFF OFF ON OFF
4 keys OFF ON ON ON
1key OFF OFF OFF OFF
The procedure is performed in following steps:
1. Specify the number of keys which will be learned
2. Connect the CAN connector of the device where the fuses are located
3. Put the device in the OBDII and hold the new key in the ring of the antenna.
4. Device will indicate successful end of work with two quick beeps and blinking slowly in green. At this moment , you should give ignition ON with the key.
5. If more than 1 key is specified – make ignition ON with each next key.
NOTE: All working keys will be erased and cannot be used anymore. So if you want simply to test the device, make a backup of the immo-data first.
Following indications shows the final result of the device:
– Success indication: After finished with success you can hear two short beeps and the LED is blinking slowly GREEN
– Error indication: In case of some error the LED is blinking RED fast. The buzzer make a long beep and then 1 to 5 short beeps indicating the error type as follows:
- 1 short beep – no connection to engine control unit
- 2 short beeps – PIN/CS of the ECU do not match to the PIN/CS of the immobilizer
- 3 short beeps – Cannot pre-code the transponder. Either the transponder is not in the ring or it is locked. Transponders locked with this key-learning device can be re-used from it.
- 4 short beeps – key-learning procedure is rejected from the immobilizer.
- 5 short beeps – no connection to the immobilizer
– LED is blinking in green fast – PIN/CS are read at the moment
– LED is blinking in green/red fast – transponder is pre-coded and key-adaptation is initiated in the immobilizer
4 Supported cars:
A6 2005-2011 and Q7 2005-2014 vehicles with EDC16/EDC17/MED9/